The best time for Orange River Rafting is March & April with easy runnable white water on the River. You can book river rafting trips from March – December.
The Best Time for an Orange River Rafting Trip in South Africa
March & April – The Orange River Gorge is the most spectacular and easy runnable white water section of the Orange River Rafting Spencerian.
Do you do School Holiday trips? yes, We do school holiday river rafting trips in June-July, September, March-April, and also December.
Orange River Rafting in South Africa is one of the best family trips in the world!
Five tips for a perfect family trip on the Orange River in South Africa
- If you have never done an Orange River trip, book now – it’s one of the greatest pieces of family-friendly travel in the world.
- Only go in mid-summer if you love the heat.
- Go with enough friends to make up your own group – 18 guests per Orange River Rafting group
- You will drink less alcohol than you think. Take lots of Game isotonic drinks. In mid-summer rehydrate after lunch every day.
- Split paddlers up each day, but make sure you have one stronger paddler in each boat.
and join SA Forest Adventures for an epic experience
More about The Orange River in South Africa and River Rafting
The Orange River (from Afrikaans/Dutch: Oranjerivier) is a river in Southern Africa. It is the longest river within the borders of South Africa and the Orange River Basin extends extensively from Lesotho into South Africa and Namibia to the north. It rises in the Drakensberg mountains in Lesotho, flowing westwards through South Africa to the Atlantic Ocean. The river forms part of the international borders between South Africa and Lesotho and between South Africa and Namibia, as well as several provincial borders within South Africa. Source: Wikepedia
Orange River Rafting adventures for the whole family!
Orange River Rafting in South Africa offers a fun holiday option for your whole family, young & old. Join SA Forest Adventures on guided river rafting trips throughout the year.